No child should suffer from long term effects of hunger, which can cripple whole communities. With your help, we aim to provide food and water to vulnerable children and their families.
Join us one of our four locations across England and let's bring communities together for the Children of War.
Register now for your free fundraising kit.
No child should suffer from long term effects of hunger, which can cripple whole communities.
But this is the reality for many Rohingya, Syrian and Yemeni children who have fled their homes from persecution and war. With absolutely nothing. Not knowing when the next meal will come.
• Since August 2017, close to 1 million Rohingya refugees are living in camps in Bangladesh and continuing to rise.
• Muslim Hands have delivered emergency food packs to around 30,000 people, however the vast scale of the crisis means we need more help to reach as many people as we can.
• 82% of water samples tested within the Bangladesh refugee camps were positive for e-coli – which can lead to life-threatening illnesses especially amongst young children.
• Today, 1 in 3 Syrians live under the poverty line and 9.4 million people are in need of food aid.
• Seven years on, almost 6 million children have been left dependent on humanitarian assistance.
• In Yemen, a staggering four out of five of the 24 million population need urgent life-saving aid.
• The people of Yemen are staring famine in the face as 17 million people have been left food insecure and 20.7 million people are in dire need of humanitarian aid.
• Gaza will become inhabitable by 2020 due to bad water and the infectious diseases that result.
• The UN’s World Food Programme has said that it was making cuts in food aid to over 190,000 Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza, citing a funding shortfall.
• Food assistance will be suspended for 27,000 people in the West Bank, and this will further reduce by 20 percent to 165,000 people in the West Bank and Gaza.
This Ramadan, we need your help to ensure that these children receive the food they so desperately need.
Established in 1993, Muslim Hands is an aid agency and NGO helping those affected by poverty, conflict and natural disaster in over 20 countries worldwide.