Strategy, Planning and Financial Management:
- Deliver the ‘Muslim Hand’s Programme Strategy 2018-2020’ by supporting international offices to ensure the delivery of programmes is in line with the organisation’s strategic aims.
- Plan and review the progress of programme strategy and financial management at regular intervals (monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Ensure all international offices are working in line with the programme strategy to achieve the organisation's agreed long-term goals.
- Support international offices to develop and implement the programme annual budget to ensure it is in line with the organisation’s financial procedures to deliver projects.
- Support international offices' financial transactions to and by MH partners in accordance with MOU and programme funding agreement.
- Work with international offices to develop an effective model and tools to enable the planning and writing of programme proposals which comply with the MH programme guidelines and standards.
Support to Senior Management:
- Support international country office senior management in producing programme strategic plans, budgets and new policies for the future of Muslim Hands.
- Support international offices in presenting programmatic feedback and financial reports to CEO, Senior Management and Board of Trustees on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Advise international country office senior management on future projects and the viability of obtaining funds to support project initiatives.
- Work with international country office senior management and ensure Muslim Hands programme policies and practices are in line in with the programme standards and local regulations.
- Provide direction to the international country offices Programmes team with guidance and support to ensure the effectiveness and positive impact of the programmes implemented, including resources, feedback and additional training when required.
- Collaborate with overseas partners to ensure their strategies are in line with international country offices programme strategy, and share decision-making for maximum benefit to programmes.
- Assist international offices in developing a reporting mechanism to be utilised by the Programmes team which includes monitoring, programme delivery and financial reporting.
- Provide support to ensure that country offices effectively use the Muslim Hands software suite (Programme System 3, Qalam, Alpha or any application approved by senior management) for managing budgets, monitoring and coordination of programmes across the organisation.
- Assist international country offices to ensure overseas partners are working in line with partnership policies which meet the organisational strategic aims.
- Review and assist the development of partner organisations by providing training, resources and feedback.
- Assist in developing and implementing a clear communication structure between Programmes and Fundraising departments to provide timely feedback to Muslim Hands’ supporters.
- Provide timely feedback to Fundraising department, supporters and stakeholders particularly during emergency responses, Ramadan, Qurbani or any specific campaigns.
- Be versed and familiar with existing changes within the required standards and regulations for INGOs / humanitarian relief, development agencies and local laws (CHS).
- Assist international offices in developing and implementing a strategy to deliver rapid emergency responses during any disasters and human crises.
- Support Emergency team in identifying relevant stakeholders for the Emergency Programme (UN, NGOs, donor agencies, private sector)
- During emergencies, actively encourage the partners to increased collaboration with agencies, UN institutions, donors, trusts, foundations, campaigners and standardisation organisations.
Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL):
- Assist in developing a regular process of monitoring and data collection of all Muslim Hand programmes.
- Ensure effective regular monitoring of international programmes to evaluate the impact and direction of the programmes.
- Ensure after adequate assessment made by MEAL that recommendations are implemented to improve delivery of programmes.
- Share recommendations based upon MEAL with all Muslim Hands donors and stakeholders.
- Ensure international offices' Programmes staff are trained and follow all policies and procedures.
- Undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by line manager and adhere to all Muslim Hands policy.
- Ensure effective management of team’s time-keeping and attendance though management systems and tools provided.
Reports to: Director of Programmes
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: W/C W/C 1st July 2019
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
Deadline for applications is 23rd June 2019; however, we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
Note: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.