Health Clinic: Pakistan
In Pakistan's largest province, Balochistan, drought conditions, polluted water and poverty have had a severe impact on the health of the population.
- Only 30% of deliveries in the poorest households include a skilled attendant present.
- Nearly 40% of children under 5 years old in the province are underweight.
- Diseases like malaria and typhoid are common.
- In 2018 the Provincial Health Minister of Balochistan declared a nutrition emergency.
- Balcohistan has a population of 12.34 million, but only has 100 Basic Health Units, many of which are not functional or under equipped.
Your donation will be used to extend the size of and fully equip a basic health clinic and will include facilities like a nebuliser, weighing machines and a separate washroom. You will be providing much needed urgent medical care to a community in dire need. The clinic will provide free check-ups and treatment for up to 50 people a day.
Once operational, the health clinic will be operated and maintained by the Pakistan government, who will also supply the nurses and doctors.
To find out more about this project, please contact email@example.com