Sri Lanka: Rural School
- The beneficiaries will be a community of internally displaced people who live in one of the resettlement areas of Sri Lanka. These are extremely needy people who have suffered for many years.
- There is a severe lack of schools in the area with some children having to walk several kilometers to attend the closest school.
- By building smaller rural schools in the area we can ensure they are able to access education in a convenient and easier way.
- The new rural school will consist of two classrooms and an office.
- Each classroom will be 20x20ft and the office will be 10x10ft.
- It will be a primary school for children aged 5-11 years old.
- Around 45 students at a time can attend the school and will have at least 4 staff members.
- The government and local committee will ensure the school continues to run after construction.
- The school will follow the national curriculum.
- Cost: £10,000
For more information, please contact email@example.com