Mali: Solar-Powered Borehole
- Location: Various locations outside of Bamako
- Problem: The women and children currently have to walk more than 2km for clean water.
- Project: The land is these areas is very rocky, so a deep borehole is needed to reach clean water. The borehole we are constructing will have a solar panel which runs the electric pump, and it will be linked to a tanker and connected to taps around the village via piping. After construction, some of the villagers will be trained in how to manage the borehole, ensuring its sustainability.
- Beneficiaries: Depending on funding, there will be between 1,000 to 3,000 - but we hope for even more, in sha Allah!
- Further notes: The borehole will also contribute to reducing illnesses related to unsafe water, in sha Allah.
- Cost: £8,000