We hold this 5km walk every Ramadan as a symbol of our solidarity with children and families affected by war.
The funds raised provide emergency food parcels with all the staples a family of seven needs for a whole month. In Ramadan, this includes sahur and iftar which means for each parcel donated you also get the reward of sustaining the fasts of parents and older children alhamdulillah!
Rocketing inflation and the rising costs of staple foods will put even more children at risk of developing severe acute malnutrition and the myriad of illnesses it causes. Compared to healthy children, severely malnourished children under five are nine times more likely to die from common infections.
Hunger in conflict zones in numbers:
• In Afghanistan 41% of children under 5 have stunted growth
• In Yemen 2.3 million children are on the brink of starvation
• In Syria 6.2 million children are going without food
• In Bangladesh 25% of Rohingya refugee children are malnourished
• In Palestine 35% of children are at risk of not reaching their full developmental potential due to poverty and poor nutrition
These statistics are heartbreaking, but this is your chance to make a difference. This Ramadan, we need your help to ensure that these children receive the food they so desperately need.
Sign-up to walk for the children of war and encourage your friends and families to join in as well and let’s work together to share the blessings of Ramadan.
Established in 1993, Muslim Hands is an aid agency and NGO helping those affected by poverty, conflict and natural disaster in over 20 countries worldwide.