Over the past 9 years Muslim Hands has been on an incredible journey with 20,000 walkers across the UK, coming together, walking 5 miles, and raising a phenomenal £1,000,000 for our various projects within Gaza.
This year is our 10th year, and it’s going to be HUGE! We will be heading to 10 cities across the UK, on a bigger scale, bringing more families together, to brave the cold and walk 5 miles, ensuring that the children of Gaza’s voices are heard and never forgotten!
And what better way to kick-start the year, than with a fitness challenge, and making 2018 the year where you reach your personal best not only physically but mentally. And with fantastic entertainment and delicious food – this is going to be an incredible family event!
So get those trainers, spread the word to your loved ones and register today for your FREE fundraising kit!
Let’s reach that finish line together!
Muslim Hands Psychological Rehabilitation Centre
Over the last eight years the Muslim Hands Psychological Rehabilitation Centre has been providing much needed support to children (including orphans) and widows in Gaza suffering from stress and emotional trauma.
• The clinic supported nearly 10,000 people and provided counselling sessions, consultations as well as therapy and activities
• Improving psychological well-being of 400 children aged 6-14 years through a one month leisure skill
• Led a range of workshops to enable 80 deaf children, 120 disabled children and 200 orphans to develop and learn new skills through arts and crafts, football and computing.
Muslim Hands Mobile Health Clinic
The Muslim Hands Mobile Health Clinic has provided routine health checks, dental treatment and advice by specialist staff.
• To date the clinic has performed over 20,000 health checks helping children to regain a healthy lifestyle.
• The current challenge the clinic faces is the countless children that suffer from anaemia and very poor dental care.
Income Generation Projects
• Our Agricultural Production Project in Gaza provides employment and a sustainable livelihood for 25 people.
• Allows for them to provide for their families, as well as the production of good quality produce for the local community.
• Large scale water purification systems built to combat Gaza’s severe water shortages and contamination by untreated sewage.
• Last year 30,000 olive tree saplings to farmers across Gaza and Jerusalem to support their families and communities through one of Palestinian’s oldest and most important industries.
Our mission is to ensure that these children in Gaza, receive the medical care they need, to provide them a promising chance of recovery. Together, we can rebuild the little they have, restore their hope and dignity and put a small smile back on their faces.
This year, we are proud to announce 10 years of the Gaza Winter Walk and we want to make this year HUGE! We will be heading to 10 cities UK wide, on a bigger scale to make sure the children of Gaza’s voices are HEARD. We urge you to take action and register your support to these children, in an area of the world where providing help is extremely difficult.
And if you do decide to stand with us, shoulder to shoulder, we would be grateful if you could spread the word and get your friends, families and local communities involved. Together we can give hope and inspiration to not only our future generations but to the young innocent victims of the ongoing crisis in Gaza.
Established in 1993, Muslim Hands is an international aid agency and NGO working in over 50 countries worldwide to help those affected by natural disasters, conflict and poverty.