Are you ready for a unique trip of a lifetime?
Join #TeamMH for a truly hands-on volunteer experience in West Africa working with our local Schools of Excellence as well as an opportunity to visit other projects!
Travel with us from the 3rd - 10th of March 2018
*Only 25 spaces – register now to avoid disappointment.
Over the past 2 years, groups of MH volunteers from across the UK travelled abroad to get involved in our educational, water, health, community and livelihood projects on the ground. We asked a few of them to tell us about their experiences:
“My time there was one of the most amazing times of my life. Staying at the complex was a blast, the people, the orphanage and the food all more than exceeded my expectations.” - Ruhul Amin Akhand, Volunteer in Pakistan 2016
“I feel truly blessed to be able to have been in an eye-opening and heart-warming trip, I would advise people to go on such a trip at least once in their lifetime.” - Sidra Raoof Chaudry, Volunteer in Kashmir 2017
“Going out there and seeing the work that’s done by the locals and the charity has given me a wakeup call and a dose of reality. I can truly say that is by far the best week of my life so far and I would recommend it to anyone to go out there and experience what I experienced!” - Juweyria Abdullahi, Volunteer in West Africa 2018
With your support, Muslim Hands will provide the MH School of Excellence in Senegal:
• Furniture and equipment for both the nursery and primary school - This includes tables, chairs, storage, learning resources, classroom materials and a playground for the nursery, which will help create a better learning environment.
• A fully equipped computer lab – We will construct a computer lab with all the necessary equipment, including sufficient number of computers, tables and chairs, to provide students a chance to broaden their learning.
• A fully equipped kitchen – We will ensure hunger does not stop children from getting the most out of their school day, by constructing a fully equipped kitchen, that will provide nutritious daily meals to our students.
• Upgraded sanitation facilities – We will upgrade existing bathroom facilities to ensure better provisions of hygiene for our students.
• Redecorate the School – With only the foundation of the school in place, we will provide a pop of colour to every building block, classroom and office, to give our students the education setting they deserve.
• Build a Boundary Wall – Safety and security of our students is vital. By constructing a fencing around the school perimeter, will ensure they are protected and secured within school grounds.
Established in 1993, Muslim Hands is an aid agency and NGO helping those affected by poverty, conflict and natural disaster in over 20 countries worldwide.