This year, the sacred month of Dhul Hijjah will begin after Maghrib on Sunday 18th June 2023 (the first day will be Monday 19th June 2023). The Day of ‘Arafah will be on Tuesday 27th June 2023 and Eid al-Adha will be on Wednesday 28th June 2023.
Ramadan may be over, but the sacred month of Dhul-Hijjah is just around the corner to present us with another chance for incredible rewards when we sacrifice what we love for Allah’s (swt) sake. Our Ummah is being tested like never before. We have seen millions of our brothers and sisters across the world affected by conflict, climate change and natural disasters in the last year alone.
We are drawing closer to that time where Muslims from all over the world, gather in unity for the Hajj, regardless of colour, nationality or language. Whether you’re preparing to make the journey of a lifetime or you’re still awaiting your time, let’s welcome this opportunity to rekindle our connection with the Ummah as we connect with Allah and come together in worship and in service of one another.
With little time left until Dhul Hijjah, some of us might be feeling a little rusty on the rules, the terminology used and generally how to get the best out of this sacred time.
Have no fear! We’ve compiled all our Hajj and Qurbani-related articles into this comprehensive Dhul Hijjah guide. This index includes: How to perform Hajj, the benefits of the best 10 days, the rules of Qurbani, how to give your Qurbani in the UK, tips for the Day of 'Arafah and essential Eid articles.
Click away and share with friends and family.
Make the Most of the Best 10 Days
- Essential du'as for Dhul Hijjah
- Benefits of fasting the first 10 days
- How to make the most of the Day of 'Arafah
- Automate your charity using The Best 10 Days tool
- The best 10 days of the Islamic year (exclusive podcast)
- Nine Sunnahs for the first ten days of Dhul Hijjah
- Seven actions with the same rewards as Hajj
Hajj - The Journey of a Lifetime
These articles will explain everything you need to now about Hajj before you head out on this incredible journey:
- Complete and interactive guide to Hajj and 'Umrah
- The spiritual dimensions of Hajj (exclusive podcast)
- How to perform Hajj and 'Umrah (part one)
- How to perform Hajj and 'Umrah (part two)
- Essential du'as for Hajj and 'Umrah
- Video Series: The last sermon of the Prophet (saw)
Qurbani - The Greatest Sacrifice
Who must give Qurbani? What’s is a Prophetic Qurbani? Can you give Qurbani here in the UK? Can you receive your own Qurbani meat? All your questions are answered in our intensive guides below.
- What are the rules of Qurbani - everything you need to know
- What is the 'Greatest Sacrifice'?
- The Prophetic Qurbani - what is it?
- Seven reasons to give an extra Prophetic Qurbani?
- 10 causes you can give Zakat towards
- What is a Halal and Tayyib Qurbani?
- Can I give my Qurbani in the UK?
- See our Qurbani locations
- Your guide to Qurbani 2022
- The complete story of Qurbani from Qur'an and Sunnah
- Animal rights in Islam from Qur'an and Sunnah
- Benefits of feeding the poor in Islam
The Best 10 Days (Video Series)
A special video series with iman-boosting reminders to make the most of the best days in the year:
- Episode 1 - The days of Allah
- Episode 2 - The first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah
- Episode 3 - What the Prophet said about these days
- Episode 4 - Increase your dhikr
- Episode 5 - Fasting the first nine days
- Episode 6 - Increase Qur’an & charity
- Episode 7 - Increase your prayers
- Episode 8 - Similar rewards to Hajj and 'Umrah
- Episode 9 - The Day of 'Arafah
- Episode 10 - The Day of Eid
Fascinating Facts About Dhul Hijjah
- Dhul Hijjah during the lives of the Prophet and Sahabah
- Dhul Hijjah throughout Islamic history
- Dhul Hijjah through modern history
- Connections between Yemen and Hajj from Hadith
This year, avoid the confusion and get clued up on how to pray the Eid prayer as well as all the Sunnah acts you can perform!
Muslim Hands is an award-winning charity, established in 1993 to provide emergency relief and tackle the root causes of poverty. We hope this index was useful to you - please share with friends and family, so they can benefit as well!